Master’s programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation | 1 year | 60 credits
Entrepreneurial skills enable the successful discovery and exploitation of opportunities in the market as well as driving innovation and business development projects in existing corporations.
In this programme, will learn how to create, develop and exploit business opportunities by starting up and managing new ventures. This programme offers you an opportunity to be fully involved as an entrepreneur in the start-up process, from idea selection and team composition to venture formation, which enables you to gain real experience in starting up a new business. In addition, you will be part of our mentorship programme where you are matched with an experienced mentor.
The programme leads to an MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Teaching and learning
Our pedagogy is based on the belief that you need practice to learn. However, you also need to reflect on your practice, and learn from available theories in the field. This is why you will find this programme embraces action – without compromising the valuable learning that stems from theory. We are proud of the multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural backgrounds of our students within this programme. Our experience shows this increases the opportunity to form competent teams, create innovative ideas and to reach an international market. Within the programme, you will expand your international network for both social and business purposes.
The entrepreneurial eco-system
To support your entrepreneurial and innovative actions we take great care to embed activities within the sophisticated entrepreneurial and innovation eco-system of Lund and the surrounding cities:
- As a student in the programme you are welcome to participate in activities at the Ideon Innovation incubator, including the opportunity to sit in their co-working space.
- We retain strong relationship with our alumni and invite them to join in various activities during the programme.
- Guest lectures form an important part of the programme, we regularly invite experts from various areas related to entrepreneurship and innovation into class to share their expertise and hold workshops.
- We collaborate with Lund University’s student incubator VentureLab, and as a graduate of the programme you can enjoy a fast-track application process to join the Incubator.
In addition to the above, the programme also offers you as a student the opportunity to participate in the Dragons at the University pitching competition, participation in Venture Cup, attendance at the Trendspotting at Lund University seminar series, and also to attend various field trips and study visits on companies in the surrounding area.
The programme teaches you to work together with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds. When you bring this mix into an entrepreneurship context, you get so many different ideas and the evolution of these ideas is what makes the programme exciting.
International Master Class
Students with exceptional study results during the first semester at the MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, may compete for seats at the International Master Class (IMC) programme. The IMC makes it possible to add on an additional semester after completing the year at LUSEM at:
- Audencia Business School, France
- University of St Gallen, Switzerland
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- University of Maryland, USA
Next programme start
26 August 2020
18 August 2020
15 January 2020
1 year, full time
SEK 120.000. EU/EAA citizens are not required to pay tuition fees.