The Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies (Knut Wicksells centrum för finansvetenskap) goal is to conduct high-quality research in the finance area, and to engage in mutually beneficial collaboration with practitioners.
The Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies has received funding from VINNOVA to establish a centre for finance at the Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM).
The basic goal of the Knut Wicksell Centre is to conduct high-quality research in the finance area, and to engage in mutually beneficial collaboration with practitioners. In more specific terms the activities focus on:
- attaining high quality in research;
- asserting the relevance of its activities in interaction with practitioners;
- building an attractive environment for research and outreach in order to recruit new researchers – on permanent, time-limited and visiting basis – nationally and internationally.
The Wicksell Centre conduct multidisciplinary research and education, drawing from the resources of one of Scandinavia’s biggest universities, exploiting links to several departments and institutions. Research at the Centre is organised in three thematic platforms:
- Macrofinance, crises and regulation
- Financial market behaviour
- Firm development and financial markets
The Research Institute of Industrial Economics (IFN) in Stockholm is an important part of the Centre. While LUSEM has broad strengths in financial research, IFN has strong competences and networks in corporate finance, entrepreneurship, venture capital, innovation and growth. Together, these strengths make the Knut Wicksell Centre of Financial Studies well equipped to deal with current and future challenges within the multidisciplinary field of finance.