The academic year at Lund University is divided into two semesters each lasting 20 weeks. Examination periods are included in the semester periods.
Academic year 2019/20
All Master's programmes at the School of Economics and Management start the Wednesday prior to the regular autumn semester, for newly admitted students.
- Spring semester 2019: Monday 21 January*–Sunday 9 June
- Autumn semester 2019: Monday 2 September–Sunday 19 January 2020
- Spring semester 2020: Monday 20 January–Sunday 7 June 2020
Arrival Days for international students
- Arrival Day for the autumn semester 2019 is 20 August
What about holidays?
There is no official break in the academic calendar for Christmas or Easter, however in practice there is usually a break over Christmas and New Year's Eve as well as over the Easter period, including the public holiday days.
Please check with the programme coordinator to confirm when classes and assignments pause, before making any major plans or travel arrangements.
Public Holidays 2019
- New Year's Day (Nyårsdagen): 1 January
- Epiphany (Trettondagen): 6 January
- Good Friday (Långfredagen): 19 April
- Easter Sunday (Påskdagen): 21 April
- Easter Monday (Annandag påsk): 22 April
- Walpurgis Night (Valborgsmässoafton): 30 April
- Labour Day (Första maj): 1 May
- Ascension Day (Kristi himmelsfärds dag): 30 May
- Sweden’s National Day (Nationaldagen): 6 June
- Whit Sunday (Pingstdagen): 9 June
- Midsummer Eve (Midsommarafton): 21 June
- Midsummer Day (Misommardagen): 22 June
- All Saints’ Day (Alla Helgons Dag): 2 November
- Christmas Eve (Julafton): 24 December
- Christmas Day (Juldagen): 25 December
- Boxing Day (Annandagen): 26 December
- New Year's Eve (Nyårsafton): 31 December