Your student account
Activate your student account
If you are a newly admitted student who applied for your studies via universityadmissions.se, your account will be automatically generated a few days up to two weeks after you have received your Notification of Selection Results PDF via universityadmissions.se (after your second and final Notification of Selection Results if you applied in the later, Swedish/EU application round).
When your student account has been generated you will receive an email (to the email address you submitted when you applied for studies), asking you to activate your account.
Please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://passport.lu.se
- Click on the 'University Admissions button' and log in with your details from universityadmissions.se:
Username: The username is your 'Swedish personal number'. You can find it on your Notification of Selection Results, the PDF in your universityadmissions.se account.
Password: This is the password you use for your universityadmissions.se account
- Set up a new password for your account. (And make a note of your password and user name for the future).
If you have any problems activating your account, please email email@example.com
Your student account gives you access to:
- Your student webmail account (including Google's web-based software office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet and a presentation program)
- Wireless internet on campus
- Computers and computer rooms on campus
- Printers on campus – learn how to pay to print and copy
- LUBsearch – the University's search engine for electronic publications and databases
- Worldwide access to the University’s computer network through VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Your student account also serves as your login to the Student Portal, where you can access many of the above-mentioned services and more.