The academic year at Lund University is divided into two semesters each lasting 20 weeks. Examination periods are included in the semester periods.
Academic year 2020/21
All Master's programmes at the School of Economics and Management start the Wednesday prior to the regular autumn semester, for newly admitted students.
- Spring semester 2020: Monday 20 January 2020–Sunday 7 June 2020
- Autumn semester 2020: Monday 31 August 2020–Sunday 17 January 2021
- Spring semester 2021: Monday 18 January 2021–Sunday 6 June 2021
Arrival Days for international students
- Spring 2020 Arrival Day: Monday 13 January
- Autumn 2020 Arrival Day: Tuesday 18 August
What about holidays?
There is no official break in the academic calendar for Christmas or Easter, however in practice there is usually a break over Christmas and New Year's Eve as well as over the Easter period, including the public holiday days.
Please check with the programme coordinator to confirm when classes and assignments pause, before making any major plans or travel arrangements.
Public Holidays spring 2020
- New Year's Day (Nyårsdagen): 1 January
- Epiphany (Trettondedag): 6 January
- Good Friday (Långfredagen): 10 April
- Easter Sunday (Påskdagen): 12 April
- Easter Monday (Annandag påsk): 13 April
- Walpurgis Night (Valborgsmässoafton): 30 April – note that this is an evening celebration and does not necessarily mean a whole day of holiday, please check with your department.
- Labour Day (Första maj): 1 May
- Ascension Day (Kristi himmelsfärds dag): 21 May
- Whit Sunday (Pingstdagen): 31 May
- Sweden's National Day (Nationaldagen): 6 June
- Midsummer Eve (Midsommarafton): 19 June
- Midsummer Day (Misommardagen): 20 June