Master’s programme in Data Analytics and Business Economics
Master of Science, major in data analytics and business economics | 1 year | 60 credits
The programme is developed for students who have recently finished an undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) of at least three years, 180 credits, in a subject matter including quantitative methods. This opens up for a broad spectrum of backgrounds from mathematics, statistics, economics, informatics and elsewhere. It is of special importance that the undergraduate studies include courses in quantitative methods (statistics and linear algebra are of particular importance).
It is recommended that students have at least 10 credits in economics and 10 credits in business administration. More specifically, it is required that the students have one of the following backgrounds:
- an undergraduate degree including at least 30 credits in statistics and mathematics with at least one course in statistics that includes regression analysis and one course in mathematics;
- an undergraduate degree including at least 60 credits in economics, informatics or business administration with at least one course in econometrics or regression analysis and one course in statistics or mathematics;
- an undergraduate degree including at least 60 credits in statistics with at least one course in regression analysis.
English language requirements
Strong English language communication skills are crucial to gain the full benefit of this programme.
What are our minimum requirements?
The English language entry requirement is the equivalent of English studies at upper secondary level in Sweden (gymnasium), called English 6/English Course B.
For international students, this can be demonstrated in various ways. You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary (high school) studies, certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
We prefer candidates to take the IELTS test where possible. We accept the following tests and minimum scores:
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
- TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575
- TOEFL internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90
Selection to the programme
We normally look for undergraduates with excellent results from an internationally recognised university. Selection is based on academic merits from university studies (100%). This implies that an assessment will be made of the grades from previous studies at the undergraduate level. In the assessment, special weight will be given to grades on courses that prepare students for the curriculum of this study programme. We also take into account the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.