Tuition-based mobility programmes
STANFORD UNIVERSITY | UC BERKELEY
Want to study abroad as a fee-paying student at Stanford or UC Berkeley? Don’t miss this opportunity for full-time students at Lund University School of Economics and Management.
A Stanford summer – video by our student Hans Brunk
After an amazing 2019 Stanford Summer Session experience, a few friends and myself created a video project to highlight our most memorable experiences, the lessons we learned and the friendships we formed. I was inspired to direct and produce this video to have a tangible way to remember the incredible opportunity.
Stanford University (online programme only 2021)
- Stanford’s International Honors Program
- The program will be offered completely online for summer 2021
- Eight-week summer programme (June–August)
- Lund University School of Economics and Management is their only Swedish partner
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s students
During the eight-week programme (June–August), students are enrolled in the same courses as matriculated Stanford students and earn Stanford academic credit along with an official Stanford University transcript. The vast majority of courses are taught by Stanford faculty, lecturers, and advanced Stanford graduate students, supplemented by high-quality visiting instructors from other universities.
IHP students are high-performing and ambitious students selected by their home universities based on their history of academic success.
Online programme 2021
In 2021, the online program will prioritize small group work, scheduling flexibility, and hands-on learning. The community building programming will meet students on their own terms and foster lasting connections with other students from around the world.
Some of the things which will be included in the online programme:
- The IHP Alumni Advisor program. Students will be matched with an IHP Alumni Advisor who can answer questions and serve as a mentor and inspiration. Alumni Advisors are IHP Alumni who are hand-selected by the IHP Program Coordinator.
- Summer Speaker Series. Live and interactive events featuring Stanford experts and thought-leaders. Last summer's speakers presented on a range of topics from computer innovations, to Hamiltonthe Musical, to an evening with the writers and producers behind Disney’s Mulan.
- Academic and Professional workshops. These workshops are led by members of the Stanford community, working in entrepreneurship, innovation, and other signature Stanford fields. Two highlights from last summer: workshops hosted by LinkedIn and Google!
- Pre-Summer advising. These one-on-one sessions with an academic advisor help students select courses and meet their academic goals.
- The IHP Cohort: A Global Community. The same tight-knit IHP cohort as always – just virtually! This includes social meet-ups and opportunities to network and build community with alumni and each other.
Fees summer 2021
Bachelor's level: 1,233 USD per unit + 125 USD Document Fee
Master's level: 1,207 USD per unit + 125 USD Document Fee
A minimum of 3 units - usually one course - required.
Students will need to take 8 units - usually two/three courses - in order to receive a 20% discount.
1 unit = 1,33 hp.
Please read through Stanford's language requirements. English test scores (IELTS/TOEFL) must be submitted to Stanford already in March 2021.
More information about the program available at the webpage for Stanford's International Honors Program.
University of California, Berkeley Department of Sociology
- Berkeley International Study Program (BISP)
- One or two semesters
- For Bachelor's students
The “Berkeley International Study Program” (BISP) is a unique program that provides study abroad opportunities for visiting international students, to come to the Department of Sociology to study for one or two semesters. UC Berkeley have since 2005 been partnering with selected universities in different parts of the world where they have academic connections, who nominate qualified students to study abroad in the programme.
The Department of Sociology offers courses that can be useful for a variety of studies. The Berkeley International Study Program offers four tracks (which is a focused set of courses):
- Business and Economy
- Politics and Law
- Health and Society
- Research and Methodology
Enrollment to the courses is on a space-availability basis, and you typically study 4 courses in parallel per semester. You may follow the chosen track or choose from a wide range of courses offered at the Department.
After attending BISP you are a part of building the Berkeley International Study Network. Note that participation in the programme does not result in a degree issued by the University of California, Berkeley.
More information about the programme available at the webpage for Berkeley International Study Program.
Estimated cost of attendance (per semester)
Students from Lund University School of Economics and Management must take the equivalent to 30 ECTS points per semester (15 units at UC Berkeley). Each unit costs 750 USD. Estimated total course fee for 15 units is 11 250 USD.
Fees to UC Berkeley Extension is estimated to 575 USD.
The above fees do not include miscellaneous costs such as books, travel and entertainment.
Estimated Living Cost in Berkeley/the bay area is 10 500 USD per semester.
University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP)
- One semester
- The core curriculum emphasizes entrepreneurship, product launch and transformative leadership in digital and global markets, but can also be customized to meet your specific interests
- Upon completion of the programme, students will receive a transcript from University of California, a certificate of completion from Berkeley Haas and benefits as Berkeley Haas alumni
- For Bachelor’s students
Lund University School of Economics and Management has partnered with Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP) to provide unique access for our students to the renowned Berkeley Haas School of Business and the faculty's networks within the innovation hub of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.
Through BHGAP, international students gain the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to excel as innovators and global leaders. The core curriculum emphasizes entrepreneurship, product launch and transformative leadership in digital and global markets, but can also be customized to meet your specific interests. Enhancements may include: professional development workshops; graduate school admissions counseling, cohort lunches, immersive California trips, company visits in the Silicon Valley/Bay Area, and career coaching programs.
Students take three to four courses (9 units) on the Berkeley campus taught by Berkeley-Haas faculty, with a cohort of BHGAP students. Participants also select one elective course (3 units) from the Berkeley course catalog also taught on the Berkeley campus. Upon completion of BHGAP, students will receive a Transcript from University of California, a certificate of completion from Berkeley Haas and benefits as Berkeley Haas alumni to further develop as global leaders: local alumni networks, Haas LinkedIn groups, and access to Haas online subscription content.
More information about the programme available at the webpage for Berkeley Haas Global Access Programme.
Estimated cost of Attendance:
19,900 USD per semester. This fee does not include miscellaneous costs such as books, travel and entertainment.
Estimated Living Cost in Berkeley/the bay area is 10 500 USD.
University of California Education Abroad Program
Lund University also makes available a number of tuition-free exchange seats at UC Berkeley, through the University of California Education Abroad Program. This is a separate application with different deadlines.