How to apply
courses and lu accommodation
Online application to LUSEM
In order to complete your admission process to Lund University you have to submit an online application. It is only possible to submit an application during the application periods.
How to apply
- Carefully select your courses
- Go to exchange.lusem.lu.se when the online course application is open: Application dates and deadlines. Username and password will be sent to nominated students via e-mail.
- Make sure that you read and follow the instructions on how to apply in the online system.
Instructions on how to apply in the online system
This guide is intended only for students being nominated to Lund University School of Economics and Management. Students coming to Lund University on a university-wide agreement or through other faculties apply according to their instructions.
Applications are made online semester-wise. Username and password will be sent to nominated students via e-mail. Login is not possible until the application period starts. The password in case sensitive, make sure you do not enter any blank spaces when you write your username or password.
2. Read the instructions
On the application page you will find information specific to your application. It is very important that you read the information and follow all instructions given.
3. Fill in personal information and upload required documents
Name, address, contact information
Check existing personal data and fill in all missing personal data.
Contact Person – In Case of Emergency (ICE)
Before submitting your application, get the consent of your emergency contacts (ICE) to providing their contact information in your application.
Always says "nominated" and is pre-filled by us.
My home university
Select your major field of study and in case of double majors, do not forget to specify this as well.
I want to sign up for
If you would like to attend an introductory course in Swedish (SUSA) you click Yes.
Upload the required documents:
- an official transcript of all previous academic studies (in English)
- a list of ongoing courses (if not included in transcript)
- a copy of your passport (photo page) or official EU Identity Card
- any other relevant documents to show you meet prerequisites not listed on your transcript
- an official transcript of Bachelor's studies (Master's students only)
If you have a disability or a medical condition that requires support, please specify in the notes field on the "personal information" page.
4. Choose courses
This is the hardest part of your application, and something you should plan accordingly. Have this in mind:
- Exchange students are expected to take the majority of their courses at LUSEM.
- Choose courses adding up to 30 ECTS per semester. Normally it means two courses in study period 1 and two courses in study period 2.
- Courses at LUSEM are very popular and each course has a limited number of seats. Therefore you must always state two alternatives per course.
- If you apply for courses outside LUSEM it will be marked as "Course not Available”. Then also specify course number, title, period and number of credits in the Notes field.
- All courses should be approved by your home university before you submit your application.
5. Save and send
You can continuously save and change your application until the application period closes. Once you have completed your application press the Submit button.
Print the confirmation page of your application for your future reference. You will not be able to access your application after deadline.
Letter of Acceptance and Course Confirmation
Shortly after the application deadline, The International Office at LUSEM will look at your application and make sure that you meet the prerequisites, have attached all needed documents, and that you have stated at least 4 first hand choices or courses that add up to 30 ECTS credits, and that you have also stated alternatives for each course.
After this, you will receive your Letter of Acceptance, which is needed in order to apply for a Residence permit or VISA (if applicable).
When the course admission process is done a Course Confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail in late May (for exchange in the autumn) and in November (for exchange in the spring).
Apply for housing
Like in many other university cities, housing is always in great demand in Lund, especially at the beginning of each semester. LU Accomodation is mainly a service for international exchange and degree-seeking students.
LU Accomodation provides a limited number of rooms for exchange students and will do their utmost to help you, but we cannot guarantee a room for everyone. Applying before the deadline is important.
Application periods for LU Accommodation:
- Autumn semester: 1–25 April
- Spring semester: 1–25 October
The exact opening dates may vary depending on whether the first day of the month is a workday or on a weekend. Always check what applies to you and on the LU Accomodation application website.
AF Bostäder new student lottery
We recommend all students to apply for housing both via LU Accommodation and also via AF Bostäder in their new student (novisch) lottery that is open 10-11 December 2019.
Join our Facebook group
Join our Facebook group ”Housing Exchange LUSEM” to connect with other LUSEM students either renting out rooms or looking for housing.
Other housing options
Please note that, even if you apply for housing on time, there is no guarantee that you will get housing through LU Accomodation. You should also look into other options before coming to Lund.