Library Card and Lending Conditions
common for all libraries at Lund University
If you are affiliated to Lund University, the LU card is your library card. Others get a library card from one of the libraries. When you use your library card, you undertake to follow the common lending conditions.
Get a library card
You need a library card to borrow or request items, and to renew your loans.
Student or employee at Lund University
- First you need to collect a LU card.
- Register a library account in the Library Catalogue LUBcat.
- Finally go to one of the libraries at Lund University to activate your library account.
Not a student or employee at Lund University
Everyone who has a Swedish personal identity number, is a resident of Sweden and is over the age of 18, can be issued a library card on a personal visit to one of the libraries at Lund University. A valid photo ID must be presented.
A personal guarantee is required for persons not affiliated to Lund University and who do not possess a Swedish social security number.
Personal guarantee form (pdf)
Our lending conditions in brief
- You must present your library card each time you check out a book.
- You have an obligation to observe the length of the loan period and to return your borrowed items no later than the due date. We try to assist you in managing your loans and avoiding fines by sending you e-mail reminders and overdue notices. These are sent as a courtesy only, please note that you cannot rely on them. You are, regardless of the circumstances, responsible for all your borrowed materials being returned on time.
- The overdue charge for course books is 10 SEK per book and day.
- Your library card will be blocked if you have overdue fees exceeding 100 SEK. You will then not be able to check out material at any of the Lund University Libraries, until you have paid your fee.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out with your library card. If you lose your card, please notify the library so that we can block it.